method to decarbonize the atmosphere.
Removal potential of up to 10 gigatons per year.
The Grid Complex applied to Infrastructure enables transferability of the respective carbon sink
Additionally it’s quick and clean to install, provides longevity, zero waste,
and provides much lower cost in terms of asset and maintenance
Carbon sequestration via commercial forestry + long term storage (>1,000 years) in infrastructure
(Infrastructure is the largest product base on earth – commercial forestry is cost neutral/benefit to taxpayers)
“Capture – Store – Regenerate”
Lower Cost | Safer (stable) | Low Maintenance | Remain Indefinitely | Quick Install/uninstall
While the world transitions to renewable wind and solar energy to limit greenhouse gas emissions (along with other initiatives), we must also remove excess carbon and cleanse the air to optimal and controllable levels. Commercial forestation remains the most affordable and efficient method to do so. Compared to natural forestation, this can provide multiple times carbon sequestration per acre and is free to taxpayers.
The largest product base on earth is infrastructure (mostly roadway). Using wood in lieu of stone, concrete, and asphalt costs less, lasts longer, quicker install and is safer due to structural stability with high-friction surfacing. Infrastructure has the potential to remove and lock-in, up to 10 gigatons of carbon dioxide per annum. Along with natural carbon sequestration and renewable energy (aim for neutralism), this puts us in an annual carbon consumption mode returning to pre-industrial levels.
Qube Smart Road
Our “Qube Smart Road” is designed on the grid complex, allowing transferability of components, lower costs, and minimal disturbance to existing ground conditions. Supported above ground with a clear space allows the existing soil to retain its carbon content and continue its carbon sequestration role.
- Quick and clean “above ground” install with ability to add/remove components such as; lanes, junctions, or pass-overs. Allows responsive customization at low costs.
- Safer due to structural stability and high friction surface – no potholes or subsidence.
- Low life cycle costs, long lasting and minimal maintenance.
- Built-in localized utilities; renewable energy, water catchment & filtration, waste combustion and connectivity services.
- Digitally monitored sensors and controlled technology.
- Approximately 2,000 tons of atmospheric carbon removed per kilometer of highway.
- Minimal disturbance to existing ground conditions; supported above ground with a clear space allows the existing soil to retain its carbon content and continue its carbon sequestration role.
- Low industrious processes for manufacture and install.
- Structurally engineered laminate panels.
- Supported above ground on foundation piles or pads with bracing as required.
- High friction surface with options for heated substrate.
- Designed and protected against moisture/mite decay and fire resistance.
- Built-in heated service chambers with utility add-ons.
Over a medium to long term this system provides much lower cost to owners or taxpayers.
- New roadway construction from laneway to highways.
- Ground or multi-story parking and logistical uses.
- Alternative to roadway improvements and resurfacing – supported by existing roadway with ventilation space.
- Additional upwards lanes for congested traffic ways.
About “Qube Infrastructure”
Assisted by strategic professionals, we provide design, procurement, and project management for standardized, above ground infrastructural projects with an emphasis on renewable, clean, and recycled/low industrious materials.